Percutaneous Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy
Percutaneous Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy (PELD) is a step advance from lumbar microdiscectomy. PELD is a percutaneous surgical procedure for safe and sparing excision of herniated disc material. Even sequestered disc material - regardless of its size and level - that slipped into the spinal channel can be removed with the minimal invasive method.
Advantages of PELD
The PELD offers a number of advantages in comparison to conventional methods:
- Immediate pain relief in 95% of the cases - study info needed
- Direct access to herniated disc/sequester
- The disc-annulus and the ligament remain intact
- No general anesthesia, only a sparing local anesthetic necessary
- Outpatient treatment
- Shorter rehabilitation -study info needed
- Faster return to profession and everyday life - study info needed
- Small incision (only one stitch) = hardly any scarring
You may wish to discuss risk and benefits with your pain doctor. Our pain doctors are highly trained and experienced to assure the greatest safety.
Our Doctors and staff will always do their best for you!